I'm so happy that Imbolc is approaching. It's such a lovely time of year and the ceremonies that my coven holds are so positive and life-affirming. This year, my coven will vigil and I'm super excited about that. We're going to do some fun, Imbolc related crafts during the evening and then have a lovely breakfast in the morning before closing the circle.
Here are some fun and easy Imbolc activities:
1. Recombine candle wax to make new candles. You can do this either by melting the wax in a double boiler and placing wicks in molds before pouring the wax, or by dipping the wicks repeatedly into the hot wax until it thickly coats the wick and becomes a candle. One more simple way to do it is to chop up the wax finely and pack it into small jars with a wick in the center. Then you can put them in the microwave for a few seconds to melt the pieces together.
2. Make herbed soap by melting castille soap shavings in a glass container either in the microwave or in a double boiler. Add herbs or essential oils to suit. Do it in sacred space and charge the herbs for magical empowerment. Then mold or let cool a bit and roll into balls.
3. Braid rags into rag rugs by sewing together your rags into ropes, braiding them and then coiling and tacking with thread.
4. Make magical bath salts by combining borax, sea salt, Epsom salt, and essential oils. Empower in sacred space and keep in mason jars.
5. Make incense blends to burn on charcoal blocks. Combine herbs and resins with mortar and pestle and seal in dark jars. Empower in sacred space.